2 parts Crabby Ginny Gin
1 part Cardamom Aquavit
½ part lemon juice
½ part simple syrup
3-5 drops orange (more…)
Fill glass with ice
Two shots Crabby Ginny gin
4 dashes Angostura Bitters
Fill with tonic water
Shave of lemon rind to garnish
Pink Gin makes its comeback in Hoodsport, Washington
James Bond orders a Pink Gin in The Man With the Golden Gun.
Pink Gin is the drink of Jerry Westerby in the novel Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
In an Agatha Christie Poirot episode, Pink Gin is the delivery system for a deadly poison.
More Pink Gin trivia (from Wikipedia)
- In the 1953 film adaptation of Nicholas Monsarrat’s book, The Cruel Sea, Lockhart (Donald Sinden) meets Ericson (Jack Hawkins) at a London hotel where they both drink pink gin. In a somewhat rewritten scene in the BBC Radio 4 Extra adaptation of 2013, the pair drink gin and tonic.
- A horse named after the cocktail competed in the 1997 Grand National steeplechase finishing fourteenth.
- Pink gin was drunk by Hattie (Jean Simmons) in The Grass is Greener (1960). She liked her bitters to be burnt with a match prior to adding the gin.
- Lottie Cassell offers a pink gin to Logan Mountstuart in Episode 1 of Channel 4’s Any Human Heart (TV series). 2010 (UK), 2011 (US).
- Bigelow (Alec Guiness) orders “Two pink gins, full measure and don’t skimp on the Angostura” in the movie “Raise the Titanic”.
- Pink gin is a popular drink in Graham Greene’s ‘The Heart of the Matter’.
- In the James Bond novel The Man With the Golden Gun, agent 007 orders a pink gin with Beefeater and “plenty of bitters” in the bar of the Thunderbird Hotel in Jamaica, which is operated by his nemesis Francisco Scaramanga.
- In Agatha Christie‘s Poirot, episode Triangle at Rhodes, some of the characters drink Pink Gin, one such cocktail being used as the delivery method of a deadly poison.
- Pink Gin is the drink of choice of Jerry Westerby in the novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
- The drink is repeatedly ordered in Patrick Hamilton’s novel The Slaves of Solitude.
- In the Nevil Shute novel, On the Beach, several of the main characters drink pink gin.
One part Crabby Ginny gin
3/4 part Campari
3/4 part sweet vermouth
Stir and garnish with orange peel
(A Negroni can also be served as a martini.)